Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Chicago!

Charity & I drove up to Chicago this past weekend. Ah, how I love that city!

Have you ever crashed a bridal shower? Well, Friday night Charity & I did. Bah! Linny asked if we'd pick her up from the suburb of Bolingbrook where she was at Sharon's shower. I hadn't seen Sharon since we were in Linny & Keith's wedding together 3 years ago. And she's marrying a groomsman from their wedding - how perfect! I love bridal showers...the silly games and gifts and food and girl chatter and jokes and sexy presents ;) but I still felt awkward not being invited and all... I joke, it wasn't bad and I was glad to see Sharon & wish her & Andrew well.

We drove into the city around 10pm, up Lake Shore Drive for a sweet view of Chicago at night. Meredith & Nate welcomed us into their cute little apartment with open arms. We watched "Flight of the Conchord." BAH! Oh so ridiculous.

Saturday probably walked 20 miles. I don't really know - I'm bad at estimating. But we were exhausted and sore. We took the El to visit Mere at her boutique! And then down to the Loop where Linny showed us Elite, her modeling agency, and the Rock'n'Roll McDonalds. Lunch was at Geno's, yummy Chicago Deep Dish. Then we hit the Magnificent Mile!!! Walked all up and down and to Millenium Park to look at "the bean". We headed to State Street and each of us bought something at the three-story Forever 21. I <3 deals. We grabbed sandwiches and met Meredith & Ashley in the pavilion in Millenium Park to listen to the works of Leonard Bernstein.

It turned out to be a fantastic girls night... music in the park followed by a ridiculous romp trying to get to Navy Pier. Meredith, I'll leave that story for you to tell! We tried to visit a model friend at a ritzy seafood restaurant and Ashley peeled an older woman off the sidewalk who tripped and nursed her back to health. We found legitimate bathrooms at Navy Pier and bought some yummy nuts to watch the fireworks.

Sunday we went to Mere & Nate's church in the suburbs where they lead worship & help with the youth. After a silly lunch with Mr. Onion Roll Man, Charity & I said our goodbyes and trekked to IKEA! I LOVE IKEA! Unfortunately the closest one to me is this one that was 5 hours away. Oh well. I got a muffin tin, magazine holder, dish scrubbie, and canvas bag so now I can be like those environmentalist ladies who bring their own bag to the grocery store! Love it!

Thanks for guiding us around! And thank you for your loving hospitality!! I thank God for this family of believers. Our apartment is open in St. Louis anytime...!

No comments: