Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Dinner

Joel finishes his internship and moves back to Columbia this week, so he finally came over to make Jen & I the feast he has been promising all summer. Honey mustard chicken, asparagus with a honey mustard glaze, delicious corn with onions for flavor, and dinner rolls... and he even brought some Fitz's root beer! He is single, ladies!

I volunteered to make the dessert and slaved away on a carrot cake from scratch including the frosting! It was a lot of work (especially shredding the carrots -- note of advice, don't use baby carrots...) but it was good. I want to do a little tweaking to the frosting recipe...more cream cheese, me thinks.

I enjoy cooking. I didn't grow up doing it. I just wish I had a little more free time. Usually after a 9-10 hour day the last thing I feel like doing is preparing a nice meal. But it's strangely relaxing, too...

No comments: