Monday, August 13, 2007

Stormy Craziness

We had a HUGE storm last night go over St. Louis. The thunder was deafening. I woke up, laid listening to the booming thunder, blinking at the lightning blinding me every couple seconds. All of a sudden I sat upright in a panic -- I think I left the windows down on my car!!!

By the sound of the downpour, I didn't think it would make any difference to close them now. The storm was passing on to scare children in another suburb now. After pondering a few more minutes I got up, put on some flipflops and went outside -- WOW, 10 minutes after the fierce of the storm was gone, it was still raining torrents! I ran out to my car, felt the window -- completely sealed up. I laughed about how crazy I looked, running in the middle of the night thru a dangerous storm to touch my car and run back into my apartment.

Ah, school days! I am so envious. I am still getting invited to beginning of the school year parties at Mizzou- gosh, I miss it. Why does life post-college suck so bad???

I saw a little girl with a shiny backpack being fussed over by a doting mother, camera in hand in my apartment complex this morning when I left for work. I think it was her first day of school! I was staring, reminscing and she saw and looked back. I waved warmly at her like a crazy old lady. I would switch you in a heartbeat, second grader!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are so entertaining.

MeredithJoy said...

come on!!!! now you need to update!

Anonymous said...

update!

mere and i are going to start an uprising.

Anonymous said...

"Why does life post-college suck so bad???"

well, if you like college so much, just don't leave! like us!

;)