Wednesday, May 30, 2007

babies everywhere!

My old youth leader, Elizabeth "Liz", and her husband and two young boys moved back to St. Louis in the last month. My family had them over for dinner last night. It was so good to see her and her ultra-peppy, talkative, always so fun with great stories self! I miss her. I'm so glad for all of the memories and talks I have had with her. I can't believe she's the mother of two wild boys and drives a mini-van! She can't believe Joel & I have grown up. It's weird disconnecting from people-- as she says, people don't age in your memories-- it's a time warp to reunite.

Her boys were so cute! I got to hold and play the littlest one most of the night -- he was a big ole boy! One of the fattest babies I've ever seen! And Liz is SO tiny!

It was so cute to watch my parents play with them, too. My mom whisked the older one off to the trampoline and jumped with him. And my dad was absolutely adorable with the baby, just talking and holding and playing with him.

I hadn't realized how long it had been since I'd hung out with a baby. I seriously cannot remember....years?? That makes me sad. I've never had a lot of babies around with my cousins far away or older. They're so fun and quirky and loveable, even when fussy.

That's all. Just wanted to say babies are neat! I want one! (I told Matt that in a voicemail last night and he said he was so shocked he began talking back to my message. heh heh just like keeping him on his toes...!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh, Liz....

the memories.