Wednesday, May 23, 2007

skipping

Today I left work at 2:30pm. It was so freeing! I just never see daylight on a weekday unless it's before 8am or after 5pm. There's something depressing for me knowing exactly where I will be from 8-5 every single Monday through Friday for...ever. Sometimes I feel so confined I just want to burst. I feel so bored out of my gourd I just want shriek. Throw my rolly chair out the window and fly away :) ...that's a little extreme.

Although my roommie, Jen, a nurse working three 12-hour nights a week, hates her unreliable, opposite-of-the-world schedule, I envy her. She can set herself up to be off for a week at a time- without taking any vacation! I can't even grasp that. She can volunteer during the days, grocery shop when it's not packed, and leave town without being stuck in rush hour. Not to mention never wake up before 10am.

Oh, and the reason I had to leave early today: a dentist appointment. Pretty wild and free, I know. :-D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

freedom rules.

we all should be living in it.

every day.

praise the Lord.